Blog Archive

Monday, February 21, 2011

Bea and Bobby McGee

*
Right before bedtime last night, Bea said in a sing-song: "Take a piece of my heart." We don't know where she last heard Janis Joplin, but we're satisfied that her musical education is progressing so well.

Add your caption to the game, below, by eleven tonight! It's a fun thing to do on a rainy day or a Monday, and today fits both those descriptions.

*Pic is not mine; it belongs to Rolling Stone, but I don't think I needed to tell you that.

4 comments:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

My mother bought a Janis Joplin cd for my dad to unwind to (and yes, I am aware that Bea monkenyed up the line a bit by leaving out the word "little.") She's also bought him the Beatle's White Album and Nick Drake's Pink Moon. I'm not entirely sure that any of these CDs have gotten a good listen recently. . .but if you're ever at their house, you can request them. :) Those of you who know my parents' preferences for Roger Whittaker and Kenny Rogers will know why I get a kick out of the Janis Joplin-for-my-dad idea.

AppDaddy said...

What about Boxcar Willie?
Just kidding.
Pearl had a set of pipes, didn't she?
The White Album (actually simply
The Beatles) ran the gamut from incredible to just plain weird. Just like the Fab Four.
Nick Drake I don't know.
Enlighten me niece!

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Nick Drake (the singer, not the duck) is lovely and comes highly recommended by Wazoo and the residents therein. Very mellow, unless you get into some of the sadder later-released albums.

Uncle Dino said...

I'll have to give him a listen.
When I'm in a Beers and Tears mood, I put some Emily Lou on the old stereo.
She can sing anything and make it sound good, whether maudlin or rockin'.

Or one of the early Eagles albums.
"Doolin Daltons" or "New Kid In Town"
are two of my favorites.