Blog Archive

Monday, June 16, 2008

Beatrix & Bouquet 2


Beatrix, Roses and Yarrow

Here's another installment in the rather strange series of Beatrix & Bouquet. (Martin observes it's a slippery slope into Anne Geddes, but I'll never go there. No babies in cabbages. No way. Heaven save me.)

This gorgeous dress Beatrix wears here was made by a childhood friend of mine, Rita (her sister and my brother used to communicate by tincan phone strung betwwen our whitewashed maisonettes in Nairobi, Kenya.) Lovely.

3 comments:

Malgados 5 said...

Oh Kim, what beautiful picture! It looks like something Miss Potter herself would have painted.
This picture really made my week.
- Rita

PS Speaking of Libby, check out her blog here http://vnlbaby.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I still can't believe you made that gorgeous dress, tucks and lining and everything. Beatrix was unusually stylish in it all day yesterday. Thanks so so much!

~Rachel~ said...

well isn't that sweetest little bright-eyed and bushy-tailed thing I ever saw! Sweetness on all accounts...