Blog Archive

Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a note:  The post, below, turned out to be terribly long.  I'm not sure if it's interesting or as dull as pocket-lint.  In any case, Notes. . .is winding down.  One more post, I think, and then I'll hip-hop over entirely to Wazoo Goes West.  So please, in a day or two, consider subscribing over at that blog.  I'd hate to lose all of you when I move.

Also, at the urging of some, I'm thinking over turning Notes from Wazoo Farm into a book.  I have a few other pots bubbling right now, but I'd love for you all to mull, too, about what you've loved best about Wazoo.  Which posts,  which story-lines, which bits and baubles?  I'd love your input, and thanks, all of you, for being such wonderful readers.

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

Do it!

Greg Scheer said...

Yup, you should write a Wazoo book. You have a way of turning everyday things into windows that open up the deeper issues of life. I think you could very easily turn the basic structure of your posts into book-like narrative that follows your time in PA, from wide-eyed beginning to bittersweet ending.

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Greg, what kind words, and encouraging ones. You make it sound as if it would be easy, when the whole endeavor seems overwhelming to me. Maybe you could put Wazoo into a song some day. It rhymes with such good stuff. Kids would love it. Also, if I ever do write the book I'll have to contact you to write the book jacket. You make me want to read it.