Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

16 oz jar: 13.25

Only three left in stock on Amazon.com.

But I bought mine at $2.50 a jar at Target a week and a half ago. Martin scoffed to see the kitchen counter covered in a small army of Smucker's creamy and chunky. But we'll see who's making fun of whom when February comes and peanut butter is costing us over ten bucks a jar.

Panic struck my peanut-loving heart when my mother arrived two weeks ago and informed me a peanut shortage was just around the corner. The farmers in Georgia did not have a good year.

I love a good PBJ with a glass of milk. I love peanut butter on pancakes, in cookies, smeared on apples. I left a token two jars on the store shelf, but I greedily scooped the rest into my cart. And now I'm glad I did, because the price on Amazon has doubled since I checked last week. Find your favorite peanut butter, people, and stock up. The day of reckoning is near. Read more by clicking: PEANUT BUTTER PRICES SKY ROCKET

1 comment:

uncle Dino said...

Thanks for the tip.
We heard the next day on the radio Rush saying peanut products are set to go up 40% in Jan.
Your Auntie rushed to B.J.'s when I told her and stocked up, for us and Ariel.
I now have a years worth of Pbutter stacked in my closet for all of us.
The elderly gent who checks you out at B.J.'s joked with your Aunt "So young lady, where is the jelly?"