Blog Archive

Monday, November 22, 2010

Got to share: a poem, Postscript, about leaving Kenya, accepted by The MacGuffin this morning. Also, my last column in the Observer-Reporter (click on geranium at right)may finally cast some clarity on your next career move. It helps to live in a sunny, warm climate, I expect, though our hot dog guy manages just fine in PA. See. . .if you can catch the grammatical error I overlooked as well as the tricky idiom (misplacing, mistaking, grasping for idioms runs in my family). Martin has given me plenty of roughing up over the O-R one, though I don't think it's as bad as my mother announcing that "some guy was going to sue another guy until his pants fell down." Mom, I know you told me not to tell anyone you said that, but the statue of limitations is up.

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Yummy hot dog story! Always enjoy your entertaining point of view.

Anonymous said...

I think your mom wants her statue of limitations back.

Martin

Country Girl said...

I'm no brain scientist, but I liked your story anyway...want to try one of those special Greene Co. dogs!
T

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

Zoe, thanks so much for your kind words!

Hey, T, the Greene County Dog has crushed potato chips on it. . .as a recent taster once told me, if you get two dogs, eat the crushed potato chip one first, because if you wait, it's just soggy. Good advice, and he's not even a brain scientist.

AppDaddy said...

"Drop the vernacular!"
officious looking court offical to Curley.
"It's not a vernacular, it's a Doiby!"
(Derby Hat)
Nyuk Nyuk!

Amy Phillips said...

I think a great statue of limitations is The Venus de Milo.