Blog Archive

Friday, September 10, 2010

Quick note: Here's a shameless bit of self promotion: I'm such a goober (that's not the shameless part--here it comes:) I just found out that if you go to Cold Mountain Review's website (there's a shameless link on the bottom right hand under "Scribblings") and click on my name, you can see my entire essay there! Woohoo! It took me quite a while to figure this out. Goober. Me. That sounds like a mild oath: "Goober me, boys, I've got the treasure!" By jove, mates all, I figured out the link!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a beautiful essay, Kim. I love reading your blog and now am so pleased to be able to read one of your published pieces. Thanks for being "shameless!"

Lindsay's mom, Meredith Joss

Auntie and Uncle said...

I found your bio, but could not find the essay.
Did you know this is Ariel's Alma Mater?
He graduated last summer Magna Cum Laude and commissioned, then spent the 2009-2010 academic year on staff as ROTC recruiter.
He spent five years in Boone. (And most of your Auntie and my money, worth every penny!)
They have a wonderful Arts department there, the music program is first rate also.

Auntie and Uncle said...

I don't know how I missed it, it was right on top in the masthead.
Wonderful, dearie, I printed it for your Auntie to read.
Very evocative and personal.
There were two young men in Ariel's group at Ft Benning from Barbados.
She was able to talk to one of them after the graduation.
It took her back to her childhood a bit, listening to his wonderful British West Indies accent.
We are indeed blessed to have memories of good, Godly parents, and happy growing up years.