Blog Archive

Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello, darlings all.
A little news to share: this girl's in the paper! I ALWAYS follow my mother's advice--you should, too, if you've got a rockin' jolly mama like I do--and asked the local paper if I could write a column for them. So now I'm a Sunday columnist! Yahoo! Follow a link here if you're interested--and please don't make fun of my picture. The smile is a little forced, but I'm not used to head shots, even with the extremely talented photo-taker (my friend Sal). Okay, make fun of the picture. Go for it.

4 comments:

Ratto said...

Hmm, I don't know, Kim, but I think you're picture is great... it's the chick who's face is next to the electronic cigarette story that might be embarrassed... but that's just me. Congrats!! What a great essay.

Ratto said...

Oh, I guess that was a revolving ad... but perhaps that proves my point. :)

Uncle and Auntie said...

I like the picture!
This is actually the second time you have a picture in the paper.
We have a picture of you at about age two, playing on a play ground apparatus of some sort in the local Bartow paper.
The big time Polk County Democrat was the name of that esteemed publication.
The article was wonderful, hope it is the first of many published for you.

Amy Phillips said...

*I* want to be a newspaper columnist! So happy for you. Enjoy it. I wonder if your observations will start naturally forming themselves into 700-word essays.