Blog Archive

Friday, November 6, 2009

Hide and Seek

I observed Elsepth and her sweet friend Ben yesterday playing Hide and Seek. They were both hiding; nobody was seeking. At least nobody I could see. As they crouched in the front hallway behind a heap of shoes, Ben said, "We're hiding from God."

"People have tried that before to bad results," I said. Watch out for large fish with capacious mouths.

Later I reflected playing Hide and Seek with a three- and four- year old is probably a bright spot in God's rather serious schedule of disasters and dreary requests from the rest of us. Ben told me God can't see through doors, so maybe he turns that off as a sort of handicap to level the playing field.

In other news, I have a new nephew! Born this morning to my sweet sister-in-law Caroline: Jacob(nobody knows?) Guerra.

Martin's already announced his intentions to call the boy "Yakov." Caroline's husband, Ilich, is Columbian and named for a character in Russian literature, and Martin thought it only right that the tradition continue. Congratulations, Guerras! Welcome, Yakov!

No comments: