Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Big Nosed Me

Elspeth, while snuggling with me last night, said, "Mommy, you look like the child-catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

"You mean I look like Truly Scrumptious?" I queried, hoping I had misheard.

"No, like the child-catcher." She paused and continued matter-of-factly: "You have a big nose."

All these years, struggling to accept my great big Finish honker, and the child tells it like it is. I am proud to say I laughed, and it was a good laugh from my tummy, not a sad laugh. I do have a big nose.

As an unrelated postscript, I made a cake for our lovely babysitter, decorating it with icing balloons, until I suddenly realized, "These don't look like balloons! They look like sperm!" Truly, green sperm swimming all over her cake. Thankfully Elspeth covered the images in such layers of sprinkles that you can't even see them anymore.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

What? No picture of the Sperm Cake?
Tonya

AppDaddy said...

Your Grandpa once stared at your Auntie Phyllis and declared
"Phyllis, you have an impressive nose!"

Actually I think you both have lovely honkers my dears!

A friend of mine told me her 3 year old granddaughter was perched on the counter watching her put on her makeup.
"Grandma, what ya doin"
"Putting on my makeup dearie, it makes me look young!"
After a suitable pause he little girl said "Grandma, it's not working!"

Kids are brutal sometimes!