Blog Archive

Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Doings


There are many, many winter doings to record, but it's late--almost one this morning--and I want to be a busy one tomorrow, mailing out packages and baking. I hope to finally finish my decorating tomorrow, too.

I've been struck this year at how Christmas is such a poignant time for many people--a hard time to be away from family, those who are absent for a short while and those who are gone for a long, long time. To those who suffer in this season, I bid you peace and hope you find unexpected joy.


My heart feels full of the many good people I love and who love me in return. Soon Martin and I will celebrate ten years of marriage, and soon we will mark Merry's 7th and Elspeth's third birthday. This season is so packed with celebrations that it is tricky to engage fully in each one, but I mean to try.

2 comments:

AppDaddy said...

Happy Tenth to you both!
Our Twenty Seventh (alas, I look that old, but thankfully your Auntie does not!) is on the same day.

Last weekend we formally celebrated with our away trip.
I'll let your Aunt tell you about that.
It's getting harder and more expensive to try and surprise her as the years go by.
Some year we will no doubt take a moon trip in order to top the others!

I sympathize with Martin, Decembers were expensive for me also.
My Mom and sister Kate's birthdays, Anniversary and then Christmas.
With Ariel's birthday in late November to start it all.

Broke was and is my normal state of being.

Have a wonderful time with your adorable girls!

Country Girl said...

It certainly is crazy having all the happenings clustered together. We have just a short time between J's birthday and Thanksgiving, then Christmas & L's birthday. This year a recital and a wedding too...sheesh! We really try to make it all special! Happy
Anniversary! Love ya!
T