Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday Festivities


Petit cupcakes. . .I, as adopted aunt, indulge in ze frufru of pink icing and the yum-yum of seven-minute frosting and raspberries from our garden.



Thought I'd post a quick log on my adopted niece Cat's birthday. My friend Nancy Greenthumb did me the honor of letting me throw a turning-seven festival. The day was so hot that the backpack (and baby inside) became very sticky. . .but I got my baking done early. I covered the tables in white butcher paper so we could write notes to the birthday girl.

After cake, when we were opening presents, Hurricane Ike's winds finally got to us and blew mightily. Martin's newspapers and hay he had laid earlier on the garden beds scattered wildly all over our yard (and they are still there on this day).

Happy eighth year, my dear! Live it well!

Cat's kind, classy Aunt M.J.--always with a dry sense of humor and kind observation.
More adopted family. . .

Birthday Mama (this shot, from Martin's shindig, is too perfect not to include here, though it's out of place).
The Birthday Papa, (and brother),

And oldest brother, with dear Grandma in the background.

And Baby's awake! Again!

No comments: