Blog Archive

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Where Have I Been?



This is a good and proper question. I am not sure myself.

Oh, but one small piece of news: Newest Kim and Martin offspring is due end of March. In one week, the mystery of gender will be revealed. . .any guesses? So far the general trend is BOY but since it's 50/50 every time. . .who knows?

And who knows why I preach active verbs to my students and then string along four passive verbs in a row?

Laziness, folks.

Sorry it's been so long. There's not been extra time falling from heaven lately, and no extra time seeping up through the earth--time, much used. Martin continues terribly busy. A fat speckled bird sits outside my window on the bare branch of the walnut tree; a heavy frost shines on our grass; the bird's throat trembles with clicks and whistles. . .Martin's in Philadelphia but the girls and I sit snug in our warm house (I hear Merry: "All the girls are dressed in red calico. . ." and Elspeth wades through her long skirt patting her chest: "Dress, dress;" a peice of yarn knotted in her hair). I must remember to lift the rosemary and tote it indoors. . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you've finally come out of the closet, congratulations again! If you do happen to spot some extra time somewhere (perhaps beneath the rosemary)...let me know...I could use some too! We need to have dinner some time!
Tonya

Anonymous said...

Oh, girls are lovely, but I must say I'm hoping for a boy ... so Liam will not find himself utterly over-mothered by all the women in his immediate generation (besides the Papaya, of course). Totally selfish, I know.

AppDaddy said...

The girls are growing up!
I was one of only four boys amongst the Grandkids on my mothers side.
A little testosterone does leaven the dough a bit!
I still keep in touch with my male cousins. Dave and I see one another during the holidays (he has two boys close to Ariel's age) they live in Northern VA.
His elder brother and I haven't seen one another for 35 years now.
A career in the military has kept him deployed since then.
Mike, the youngest I see every Jan when we stop in to see my favorite Aunt in Savannah on the way back from our annual business conference in Orlando.
It would be nice for Papaya to have a male cousin to grow up with.
Martin will have to learn how to coach Little League as I did!